Indesign or Photoshop Templates

Judy Roberts
Profile Picture

Re: Indesign or Photoshop Templates

Posted:04 Jan 2009 (06:25 UTC)
I just got back an 11"x14" where I wanted some parts of the layout to bleed to the edge and others photos I wanted there to be white around them. Using the canvas size (making the measurement 1/4" more for each dimension) worked perfectly.
Judy
Anonymous

Posted:29 Dec 2008 (20:46 UTC)
Thanks Judy, just figured out how to do the canvas size change. That works well. Would it ever be necessary to add say a just in case paper bottom layer or does that work out just right. I am new to digital scrapbooking. Thanks!
Judy Roberts
Profile Picture

Posted:24 Dec 2008 (15:15 UTC)
I still think my quick and dirty way is the easiest. As I've stated in other posts I create my pages i.e. 8.5 x 11. Then I go to canvas size in photoshop and make the pages 8.75 x 11.25 so when the book creator creates the pages, I get the 8.5 x 11 I started with. Just a thought.
Judy
Raivyn

Posted:22 Dec 2008 (03:14 UTC)
A blank template that has guides for the trim, bleed, and gutter areas would be fantastic. That would allow those of us who want to create our own designs in Photoshop or InDesign that ability, knowing when the images are uploaded they will turn out. PrestoPhoto's program is too limiting, and having templates already sized to PrestoPhoto's book sizes and the guides marked would be very helpful.
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:08 Dec 2008 (16:07 UTC)
Did the cover creation page help?
Also, what we recommend is that you create your pages to be .25" larger than the book you plan to create. So for an 8.5x11 book your canvas would be 8.75x11.25. We also recommend you keep all important items (heads & text) at least 1/8" to 1/4" away from the edge on all sides. That is the safety area.
David Tasker

Posted:06 Dec 2008 (21:54 UTC)
I want a blank template - that I can load into Indesign or Photoshop. The template will be the corect size for my book, Will have guide lines showing the no go areas. It is confusing that throughout the PrestoPhoto site it talks aboyt 1/8 trim in some place then 1/4 inch in others then a 3/4 inch gutter - it would be so much simpler if there was a diagram that showed this.

I am not talking about creating the book - I am talking about preparing my lauyout of the pages before I upload. I also saw a reference to someones template that was a PSD file that included ICC profile embedded -
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:06 Dec 2008 (20:22 UTC)
David, hmmm, I'm not 100% sure of your question. Let me see if this helps after you upload your images from your computer to PrestoPhoto you are ready to create your book.

The easiest way to create the book is to
Select the "create a product" option under the products column
Then select the PHOTO BOOK DESIGNER button
Select "I Understand, Let's get started" button
Title your book
Select the ratio (square, portrait, landscape)
Click the CREATE button

Here is a link to our cover creation page
David Tasker

Indesign or Photoshop Templates

Posted:06 Dec 2008 (02:37 UTC)
I keep seeing reference to templates on PrestoPhoto but acnnot find them.
The PDF documantation is confusing and has difference to forum postings

Can someone please point to a series of templates - I dont need place holders - I am looking for something that has guides for the bleed, trim and gutter areas. I want to publish a Landscape format. 8,5 x 11 and later look at doing a large portfolio style.

The Bookmaker software is not really suited for text AND picture layouts as tehre is no placement flexibility -
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page