Microsoft Publisher questions

Heidi

Re: Microsoft Publisher questions

Posted:27 Feb 2009 (19:18 UTC)
Wow, what great suggestions! Thank you so much for the ideas. I thought I had read on some of the other threads about someone doubling the page size, but I didn't understand why she was having to do that. Now I know. That's pretty smart!
Christian
Profile Picture

Posted:26 Feb 2009 (04:48 UTC)
Well, you have three options:

1. buy new software (not a bad idea since 2002 is 7 years old now!)
  2. You could buy PDF Creation Software that lets you "print" to a PDF file then simply upload the PDF.
  3. Lastly, this is the kind of thing geeky engineers would try - it might be possible to double the page size in publisher, and then generate a 150 dpi jpeg. For example, if you are making a 8.5"x11" book, perhaps you can change your document size to 17"x22". Thus when you save out the JPEG, it will be 300dpi at have the dimension. I don't know if this is possible, since I don't have Publisher.
Heidi

Posted:26 Feb 2009 (03:21 UTC)
Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately it turns out that Publisher 2002 can only produce jpegs with 150dpi. Ugh! I guess I need to get new software.
Christian
Profile Picture

Posted:25 Feb 2009 (17:03 UTC)
If you cannot save the publisher file out as a PDF (probably not on the older 2002 version), then you should opt to save each page out as high resolution .jpg images. Be sure the jpeg files are 300dpi (ie they should be 8.75"*300 x 11.25"*300 or approximately 2625pixels x 3375pixels)

Unfortunately, we cannot print the .pub file directly because it will not included fonts and linked images, etc.
Heidi

Microsoft Publisher questions

Posted:19 Feb 2009 (23:58 UTC)
I want to use Microsoft Publisher (2002, I think) to make my 8 1/2 x 11 photo book. It looks like I should make the page size 8.75 x 11.25 and avoid putting important objects near the edges. My questions are:

1) I'm planning to save all my pages in one Publisher file (instead of individually saved pages), but when I go to "Save as", do I need to choose ".jpeg" where it says "save as type," or do I leave it as a ".pub" file?

2) From the forums, it sounds like it's better to let PrestoPhoto change the file into a pdf so there will be fewer errors. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Heidi
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page