Cover for 14x11 portfolio book

Comment on Book Binding and Covers
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Cover for 14x11 portfolio book

Posted:05 May 2010 (18:35 UTC)
Julian, greetings, we don't print on the inside of the covers (front nor back). You can upload a separate .jpg file for the front and a separate .jpg file for the back cover if you prefer. You can also upload one complete PDF that is for the back (on the left) and the front (on the right). Just check the "full wrap" cover button if you upload a full wrap cover
Julian Richards

Posted:05 May 2010 (14:17 UTC)
Is it possible to have a separate image for the back cover? I tried uploading a two-page PDF, but I couldn't find a way of making the second page appear on the back cover.

I could create a single image twice as wide as the actual cover and use the full wrap cover option, but with the 14x11 wire-bound portfolio book that I want to make I suspect there would be problems with the "spine" side trim.

And is there a way of printing on the inside of the front and/or back cover?
Kettie Mooney

Posted:29 Apr 2010 (20:30 UTC)
Julian,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto and thanks for your interest.

Just upload your cover as normal and we'll take care of the rest :) We prefer one complete PDF or separate .jpg files. We recommend your images be at 300 dpi.

For all our trim sizes we recommend you make the cover images as well as the interior page images 1/4" larger than your book size. For example if you plan to create an 8.5x11 book the cover image as well as interior pages would be 8.75x11.25 (at 300 dpi).

Most importantly, keep all important items (people, heads, text,borders) away from the outer 1/2" on all sides.

If you have any questions please let us know!

Kettie
PrestoPhoto support
Julian Richards

Cover for 14x11 portfolio book

Posted:29 Apr 2010 (08:15 UTC)
I'm creating a cover for a 14x11 wire-bound portfolio book in InDesign. How should I lay out the front and back cover pages - as right-hand and left-hand or as a spread?

And when I export to PDF, should the PDF be in spreads?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page