Help with PDF edges

Comment on PDF Specs
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Help with PDF edges

Posted:03 Aug 2010 (18:42 UTC)
I would try saving from Powerpoint to .jpg. You lose no quality with that process.
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:03 Aug 2010 (18:42 UTC)
Well, actually, no, there could be some lost pixels from .png to PDF. We actually recommend you leave your files in the original format and not convert. Though the loss may be minimal so give it a shot and let us know if you notice any loss in quality.
moges

Posted:01 Aug 2010 (00:03 UTC)
I think I figured out a different way of removing the white borders. Not sure if it's a conventional (or usable) way --- So let me know if it's not usable (if you happen to know)!

In Powerpoint for Mac, I went to File>Save as Pictures...>Format:PNG>Save.

Since PNG saves all the backgrounds, gamma, etc... (as PDFing directly from powerpoint will not let you). I figured that saving the 28 slides as 28 individual images, would then let me convert all the pages into PDFs without losing any of the quality. And it worked!

A PDF, no matter how you got it, is a PDF, right?
moges

Help with PDF edges

Posted:31 Jul 2010 (23:27 UTC)
I am trying set up a Calendar for print. (Creating each page in Mac Powerpoint, and saving as individual PDF docs) I have the size saved as it should be (12" x 12"), however, when the PDF is created, there is a huge white border along the top and bottom, and about a quarter inch on either of the sides as well.

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening when I convert? Or what I am doing wrong? ... or better yet, will this problem be fixed once the print company sets each page up for printing? (is the white border a transparent filler?)

Best Regards
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page