Changing security settings

PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Changing security settings

Posted:01 Nov 2010 (16:01 UTC)
Bill,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto and thanks for your interest.

I's so sorry about any frustration!

There is an option for setting your profile to "Private" in My Account -> Preferences. This setting tells google that this information is 'Forbidden' and will be dropped from it's index the next time it tries to refresh the cache of that page.

Many people, such as photographers and scrapbookers are eager to share their work so they want public information. We understand there is a need for both public and private information, so I created a task for engineering to add this setting to the registration form to assist people wanting privacy.

Additionally, for your images and books, you can easily set a Security Level to allow varying levels of access. Unfortunately, setting your user information to 'Private' does not follow through to content (it should, and we already have a task for that, however it is 'larger than a bread box' so to speak).

Here is a link to our security level page so you can see the different security levels we offer http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/index.php?structure_id=423

If you have any other questions please let us know :)

PrestoPhoto Support
http://www.prestophoto.com/support/
Bill Orr

Changing security settings

Posted:30 Oct 2010 (00:23 UTC)
Is there a way to globally change the security settings of individual images within a gallery?

I missed that the default setting when uploading images is "Publically visible" and didn't realize until later that my entire gallery was not only visible but that it had received "hits". Personally, I consider having "publically visible" as the default setting to be appalling...(:mad:)

Regardless, being unable to find a way to make the gallery itself private, I ended up editing each image and setting each to "private", a task which with well over 100 images, took me nearly an hour. Now I have found that a gallery itself can be made private. Now, I want to make the gallery visible to a select group of friends - and I've created a password protected security level and changed the gallery to that. However, since I'd already set each image to private, they're still not visible even though the gallery itself is.

How do I reset the security levels of the image short of editing each and every one of them again?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page