Paper Weight

PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Paper Weight

Posted:22 Jun 2011 (18:46 UTC)
Greetings!

The exact specs on our paper can be found here: http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/Book+Binding+Specifications

-PrestoPhoto Support
Roger Mathis

Posted:22 Jun 2011 (02:46 UTC)
Thanks for replying, but I was wondering if you can ask the question I asked. I want to go to a store and look at the difference in the two papers and in order for me to do that I have to know the weight of the paper. I am told that glossy text is the same as digital silk, but I don't know for sure; however, if I had more information about the paper such as the weight, then maybe I can find samples to see the differences in the two.
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:21 Jun 2011 (19:00 UTC)
Hi, Roger!

We offer two print processes and different paper options for the different print options.

For the express books we offer 2 paper options:

1) photo satin - paper doesn't have any shine to it
2) photo silk - this paper has a little bit of a shine. It is not the slick gloss of magazines or prints, and you have to turn the paper in the light to see the shine. The real benefit of this paper is that it has a protective coating so if you spill something on the book you have a second or two to get a towel to wipe the paper before the liquid sinks into the paper.

For the premium print process we offer one paper option.
This paper is very similar to the photo silk but just slightly heavier. The real difference here is the premium production process which is ink based. Here is a page that highlights the premium products http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/PrestoPhoto+Premium

The 14x11 product and the 11x8.5 calendar also offer a heavier paper.

All of our paper options were selected to be good paper for images so you will be happy with either paper.

PrestoPhoto Support
Roger Mathis

Paper Weight

Posted:21 Jun 2011 (17:14 UTC)
Can you tell me the weight of the paper described as digital silk and digital satin?

Thanks,
Roger
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page