12" x 12"

Comment on 12x12 Photo Book
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: 12" x 12"

Posted:14 Sep 2011 (16:31 UTC)
Basheer,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto, thank you for your questions, they're good ones!

Pertaining to your bleed you are walking in the right direction. However I would suggest that you create your book 12.25 x 12.25 and allow a .25 inch bleed for the Trim line and then pull it in an additional .25 inch to enable a more attractive page with easier reading.

Your document size will then be 12.25 x 12.25, with a .5 or half inch bleed. So simply move the additional bleed further in the page instead of making the overall document size larger! You will be much more satisfied with your final product.

For questions pertaining to RGB verses CMYK you can read more on this page: http://blog.prestophoto.com/understanding-color/

Thank you again for your interest in PrestoPhoto, if you have any further questions let us know and we will do our best to help!

Regards,
PrestoPhoto support
support@prestophoto.com
Basheer AbdulMusawwir

12" x 12"

Posted:14 Sep 2011 (03:30 UTC)
Hello, I have been reading many of your comments, but I have a few questions.

01) I am laying out books for a 12" x 12" format. So my actual document size will be 12.25" x 12.25"--- .25" outside the 12" margin line is for the bleed, Inside the 12"--- .25" for a safety margin ( I am going with 12.5" x 12.5" just to be extra safe with the bleed area ) Is this okay?

02) I am doing the book(S) in CMYK. I have converted many old photos & negatives from before the digital age into CYMK color. I was reading one of your comments that you prefer them in RGB but your printer is set for CMYK. Will submitting the book(S) in CMYK present a problem?

03) I am using Adobe In-design and converting the books to a PDF. The PDF will be in CMYK or do you prefer the PDF to be RGB? I would like to know which color mode will get the best results from PrestoPhoto before I layout anymore books in the incorrect color mode for your process.

Thanks for your assistance.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page