My Photo book

Comment on Contact
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: My Photo book

Posted:02 Dec 2011 (16:32 UTC)
Michele,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto!

Given that your book is square, if you clicked to fix the full bleed then the picture would not be stretched out of shape. It would however print very fuzzy!!

Books can always be re-sized down within the correct ratio - and not loose image quality, but they cannot be re-sized to a larger size. This would create a book that you were very dissatisfied with.

In order to purchase a book that is an 8.5x8.5 you will need to create your book at that size. We suggest adding an additional .25" bleed to ensure that no vital content will be trimmed. Your size should therefore be 8.75x8.75!

To read more about cropping and bleed you can visit this page: http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/Cropping+And+Bleed

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will help in any way we can!

Regards,
PrestoPhoto support
support@prestophoto.com
Michele Snyder

My Photo book

Posted:02 Dec 2011 (15:47 UTC)
I just created a photo book by uploading pdfs of pages that I had created in another software program. My pdfs were created in an 8x8 size (basically full page images with text written on top of the image). When I look at the cropping lines it appears as though some of the text on my page gets too close to the edge and may get cut-off. (Just for a visual... I created a recipe book with pictures as the background.)

Anyway.... I went through the process to purchase my book (without purchasing... just to get familiar with the process) and selected 8.5 x 8.5 softcover and I selected "full bleed" which I understood that to mean it would "stretch" my image to fit the page size. I want to know what that means. I guess knowing the image will be stretched do I need to worry about some of my text on the page would get cropped. If I were just ordering one book I would take the risk to see what happens but since I'm ordering 10 (as christmas presents)... I'd like to be sure about what my end product will look like.

Thanks!
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page