Resize Photos to Fit Within Crop Guides

Comment on Help
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Resize Photos to Fit Within Crop Guides

Posted:04 May 2012 (12:55 UTC)
TabbPix,

I understand better! What will work for you is the Auto-Fit template. This is only available with a white border, but it will allow your picture not to be cropped at all. You can locate these in the PrestoPhoto Free templates, it's the one with the magic wand on it: ex in the square ratio: http://www.prestophoto.com/designer/template/2 it's the first template page, with the magic wand. This same Auto-fit template page is available for the other trim sizes as well.

The templates are created in a set size for each of the drop-zones. So for example if your picture is the ratio of a 4x6 picture and you're dropping it in a square drop-zone area, then the computer will have to automatically crop some of it to enable the picture to fit the entire box and not leave any blank space in areas. The Auto-fit will allow you to drop 1 or more pictures and it will automatically fit them!

If you have any other questions please let us know and we will do our best to help!

Best,
PrestoPhoto support
support@prestophoto.com
TabbPix

Posted:03 May 2012 (22:14 UTC)
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That screencast describes cropping, that's kind of the opposite of what I need. When I drop my photos onto a page, according to the crop guides, they are alreay cropped, and they are cropped too much.

As I said, I've already spent time cropping my photos to be exactly as I want them. I want to be able to add them to a page without them getting cropped further.

If there is a way to resize a photo on a page--without cropping it--that would let me do what I need.

Thanks again for the quick reply!
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:03 May 2012 (14:49 UTC)
TabbPix,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto!

Here's a screencast that will walk you through how to crop your photos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8otP3TzxOkw&list=UUgWmJwU2t0SRxjGkHaEVzGA&index=14&feature=plcp

If this doesn't answer your question or you have any further questions please let us know!

Best,
PrestoPhoto support
support@prestophoto.com
TabbPix

Resize Photos to Fit Within Crop Guides

Posted:03 May 2012 (02:07 UTC)
My photos are already cropped the way I want them, but when I add them to a page, they extend into the area covered by the crop guides. I want to make them smaller so that they are within the guides, but I don't see how that can be done. Can you describe how to resize photos?

Thank you!
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page