Too Expensive to get sent overseas

Comment on Help
MJ
Profile Picture

Re: Too Expensive to get sent overseas

Posted:30 Nov 2021 (20:59 UTC)
Hello Ian,

Thanks for your feedback!

I can assure you that there is not one single reason that we as a small business would intentionally run our international customers away. That would be quite silly of any company to do, especially one that attracts customers from all over the world like our company.

The shipping costs that you are provided with are indeed direct quotes from the shipping carriers so there is no "evasion" with that answer, it is simply the truth. The reason other companies are able to offer more competitive rates to their international customers is either due to the shipping carriers offering them volume discounts when they ship X number of packages with that carrier, by increasing product costs to help cover the shipping fees, or a combination of both. While we would love to be able to meet the volume requirements to lower our shipping costs, this is no easy feat unfortunately.

Additionally, as of September 3rd, 2021, the USPS enacted some temporary delivery service suspensions that specifically effects orders shipping to Australia from the US. (You can read about this here: https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm) These disruptions caused many companies to have to remove all USPS methods from their international shipping options, which therefore removes some of the more affordable options.

With this all being said, we are always looking for ways to improve our shipping options internationally and hope to have some better options in the future that offer both great cost and great reliability.

I hope this information helps clarify any confusion or concern.

If you have any follow up questions, please let us know!

Warm Regards,
PrestoPhoto Support
Ian McCauley

Too Expensive to get sent overseas

Posted:16 Nov 2021 (21:47 UTC)
I came back to see if the cost of a calendar, produced from an iPhoto PDF was in any way competitive for me, overseas in Australia, compared to the other service Apple recommends. The cost, delivered to my door, in under 14 days, by M###o was an expensive US$32.99. For the same calendar, with your cheapest shipping, US$92.60. At those rates, you'll never attract many overseas customers. Save us the evasion that you don't control postage rates - other US companies clearly can.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page