Some things starting to piss me off-

Mark Henry

Re: Some things starting to piss me off-

Posted:05 Apr 2007 (23:13 UTC)
Hi connie! Boy, terrible spelling eh? That's what happens when you're half-blind and trying to type in the dark and MUST loook at the keyboard. Would you believe I can type 60wpm with two fingers? Some of the words don't make sense but if I go faster then *none* of them make sense. ~Grin~

BTW-I still can't get past the set up the storefront page. I go to my products and click 'order' next to the one I want and it takes me to the 'Add to Storefront' page then no matter what I do I can't get past there to add several copies to the cart. ~shrug~

That was part of what was irritating me the other evening.

The thing about deleting the extras- when I photo or do computer graphics I tend to do an image in 20 or more different ways so I can get the best of the best. It takes up server/HD space. When I start a project and am all huped about it I might create and recreate the same book five ways then decide on one, trash the others and run a test print on one, if I like it the test copy is archived [remember-I have 20 years of film photos= 3x computer paper reem boxes and over 500gigs of digital so I know about space limitations] and move on to the next prohect. Sometimes even after working a project ten ways and *thinking* it looks good the final product blows. My fault-so there is no point in keeping that as a boook or anything else as it will be server resident until th box goes boom.

[Plus I have five more concurrent projects to upload over the next few months and would hate to bog you guys down.]]
connie
Profile Picture

Re: Some things starting to piss me off-

Posted:05 Apr 2007 (21:39 UTC)
Mark, greetings, I just read your questions and you do have vaild points.

I will ask about that publically available toggle. You shouldn't have to reset it. If you make a product not available it should stay that way.

As for your products — I see you have 5 if you would send a note to support@prestophoto.com tellling us the ones you want deleted I'll see if I can get them deleted. I'm not sure about the technical reasons why a purchased product can't be deleted but I will for sure check into this for you.
Mark Henry

Some things starting to piss me off-

Posted:03 Apr 2007 (21:46 UTC)
and make me go 'Hmmmmm..." about this place.

I've been a PrestoPhoto customer for what? Two years now?

I don't order a Book-A-Month but I've done some bussiness with you and pretty much know the ropes, recognize some of the staff by name and so on.

I've always gotten good service and never had a bad product that I recall.

Now-two things.

Why is it that when I go to order a reprint of a book I keep getting sent to the 'Storefront' page to 'decide' once again] if I want the book publically available? And why is it I can ever get past that page and to where I can order the number of copies to get a total cost so I can determine when to have them printed and shipped?

I didn't want them public the first ten times so WTF do I keep having to hassle with it?

Is it *really* neccesary that I have a preview done BEFORE I order _each and every time_ I order? I've got ten copies of the preview-they all look the
%
&**&^ing SAME, just fine and dandy and I *don't* need another.

Also-I aksed this before and suddenly the BBS was down and my question never made it back- I build and print books on a limited bases for freinds and as gifts. Some of the ones I build are test books or simply archives of older work so if my computer drive ever goes tits up I have copies.

In at least one case I never ordered a copy becuse I determined there was a better layout but I went through the build and the PDF preview-just never ordered the book, never will.

I'm being told that I cannot remove the books once ordered. OK-so *who* ordered one or more copies of the one *I* didn't and where's my royalty check? :)

Now- None of my books, as of yet, are up for public consumption meaning no one but myself should *ever* get a copy or those I choose to whom I ~send~ a copy

So if *I* know which books I'm keeping for future orders and no one else can see them WHY am I not able to remove them from your servers? Who benefits from storing *my* material on the server id I'm the only one allowed access to order and have ones I won't ever, ever, EVER order again because they are now printed and archived or were just plain crap and I changed the layout?

BTW-any word on the 12x12's and archive prints? :)
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page