Really getting started

Judy Roberts
Profile Picture

Re: Really getting started

Posted:29 Jun 2007 (14:32 UTC)
Hi again. This comes from the PrestoPhoto site:
Select the number of images to be displayed on each page. The images will be automatically arranged to make them as large as possible. Gallery Image Order will follow the pagination of your gallery as indicated by each images Item Position. You can use a decimal place like PAGE.POSITION to specify arbitrary images per page, for example: 1.1, 1.2, 2, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2, etc...
Basically this means that PrestoPhoto will arrange the photos for you if you pick to do 2 photos to a page i.e. 1.1, 1.2. You cannot resize them to a specific size of your choosing. So when I do more than 1 photo per page I always use photoshop so I can control the size and placement of everything. Experiment w/ the book creation page using the text under photos option. I believe you cannot control the size of your photos here either. I really liked the text option, except I wanted text under several photos per page, using my own fonts (it is recreating an old photo album so I used a broken typerwriter font). I always do a white or black template of my page (keeping in mind the cropping and whether the page is on the left or right) and then add the photos and text, flatten it, save it as a jpeg and upload. If you know photoshop this is the way to go to get exactly the look you want.
John Sagert

Posted:27 Jun 2007 (21:06 UTC)
(:smile:)Judy, You've been very helpful. I have another question. I have uploaded images to my gallary at a certian size. When I go to make my book can I resize them? Say I want to make them smaller and put text under them or put two on a page, can i do this when I make the page for the book? Thanks.
Judy Roberts
Profile Picture

Posted:27 Jun 2007 (04:35 UTC)
For my pages where there was only text I used photoshop so I could control the size, font, color etc... I'm sure you know photoshop, but for others, you add a layer of text and then just flatten the image and then save it as a jpeg. I've done this for my child's book and then have created my own 8.5" x 11" pages with 2-5 photos, then added the text in photoshop under each photo. PrestoPhoto also lets you add text that looks really nice (you can experiment with it), but I like the control I have over my all my pages using photoshop. The rest of your post was correct about uploading photos, numbering them (I add a "0" to each one i.e. 10,100,1000, etc.. in case I want to add pages in between), then creating your book.
John Sagert

Really getting started

Posted:18 Jun 2007 (13:12 UTC)
(:confused:)After reading a lot of the posts on getting started and making a photo book I think I'm still confused. I'm putting images into a gallery and once I get the number of photos or pages I'm looking for then I start my book,RIGHT? Another question, if I want to add some text pages to the front section do I make them in photoshop and save them like a photo to add at the start? I'm looking to make a hardcover 11 X 8.5 photo table top book. Help please.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page