confused

Christian
Profile Picture

Re: confused

Posted:14 Jan 2009 (07:08 UTC)
Hi Meredith,

Our Book Machine is, er..., that complex. It is not designed for individual layout, it is best when you have 300 pictures and want the neatly sorted and arranged in a uniform manner. Hence the "Machine" part if it's name.

The Book Designer is probably what you want. I will look at your access history to try and see about the software locking up. Try FireFox or Safari as alternate browsers - they have been well tested and work great. The template scarcity is something we have coming once we release our next update of the Designer, which should happen real soon now.. we are in final testing right now.

You might want to try some desktop /software - a lot of people like Photoshop Elements. We sponsor a forum, and they would love talk at http://www.photoshopcreativeelements.com
meredith

confused

Posted:08 Jan 2009 (04:16 UTC)
I have used other software to design books before and it's not this hard. I'm wondering if I'm not understanding these products. When I upload images am I only supposed to do one at a time? When I use the original book maker software can I only choose one layout for the whole book? And do I have to manually type in the number for each photo so it appears in the correct order?
I also tried the new book maker software, but it keeps locking up and there are not very many templates to choose from. If I try to move the pictures around the template shows the correct picture number, but the picture shown in the template is wrong. I also can't adjust the image to fit the window.
Is this just user error or is it really this complex?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page