12x12 die cut window

Lars Pedersen

Re: 12x12 die cut window

Posted:23 Dec 2009 (03:06 UTC)
I am also having a similar issue with the 12x12 diecut hardcover. I have uploaded the PDF's separately (cover and full book), however when i view the diecut preview my "cover" is no way to be seen. But when I view the "interior preview" the cover appears. I guess my question is during the upload portion of creating my book do I need to upload a separate cover? I have tried to upload only the book to no avail. Do I just upload the entire book and assume the first page will be the page that is viewed through the diecut hardcover? Or per the downloading page will that page be removed from the PDF?

The upload itself is quite big and instead of recreating the PDF several times and then sitting through the uploads I'm looking for a quick answer. Thanks.
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: 12x12 die cut window

Posted:02 Feb 2009 (17:05 UTC)
David, so sorry for any frustration. Correct, there is not a template for the die-cut window. We actually ask that you create the cover the same size as the interior pages. We will auto scale. ALWAYS keep all important items at least 1/4" away from the edge on all sides.

For all our trim sizes we recommend you make the cover images as well as the interior page images 1/2" larger than your book size. For 12x12 the cover image as well as interior pages would be 12.25x12.25

Most importantly, keep all important items (people, heads, text,borders) away from the outer 1/2" on all sides.

Here is a page that may help with cover images
David Overturf
Profile Picture

12x12 die cut window

Posted:31 Jan 2009 (18:37 UTC)
I'm going crazy trying to get my cover image into the window of a 12x12 die cut cover. PrestoPhoto is not auto-scaling to fit entire cover image in window, and I've tried guessing/resizing cover design to fit. Is there really no template for die cut covers/windows per book size? GRRrr
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page