Lightroom and Keywords/metadata- printed filenames

ajtink

Re: Lightroom and Keywords/metadata- printed filenames

Posted:12 Jul 2009 (01:17 UTC)
Thank you!
Tyler Bello

Posted:09 Jul 2009 (18:47 UTC)
Your wish has been granted. When uploading, there is now a checkbox labeled "Use Filenames".
ajtink

Posted:09 Jul 2009 (03:38 UTC)
Thanks Tyler.

I am creating digital scrapbook pages. I put in file->description the digital kits that I used and fonts that were used to create my psd file. It is this description which is showing up in the title when I upload these jpg files which were created from the psd files. I name my pages by date-description, for example 2004_01_05-sciencefair.jpg. Since I create my pages chronologically, it is important for me to see my filename (date).

I would love the option to have my actual filename show up and not that embedded description.
Tyler Bello

Posted:02 Jul 2009 (20:26 UTC)
ajtink,

Most people actually prefer that we pull metadata for photo titles and use them to label the images on our site vs. using the raw filename (which is often left at the camera default DSCxxxx or other nonsense). If you go to your gallery and click the image order link in the top right you can easily rename the files to whatever you desire. Also, at the bottom of this page, you can reorder the gallery by their actual filenames.

We really like to get a feel for how our customers are using the site so that we can continue to improve it. So, do you mind if I ask what is motivating you to want filenames as titles on import? We may look into providing an option during upload for those who, like you, wish to use their filenames as titles.
ajtink

Posted:01 Jul 2009 (02:18 UTC)
I have the same issue with JPEG files which I created from my Photoshop PSD files. Seems like the description(file->file info->description) that I put into my PSD file shows up as the "filename" as opposed to the actual JPEG file name that I gave it.

Any assistance would be wonderful.
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:31 Mar 2009 (18:59 UTC)
Karen, I'm not sure I totally understand your question. I do see for gallery Gabriel and Candice your image title and file are the same. Did those print as desired?

For the gallery James and Helen the image title and file are also the same. Did those print as desired?

Please send a note to support@PrestoPhoto so a tech rep can dig a little deeper into this for you.
Karen Raynes

Lightroom and Keywords/metadata- printed filenames

Posted:20 Mar 2009 (06:51 UTC)
Hi _ This has opnly startd happening since I have used lighttoom. TO cut a long story short as I can :). I import RAW files from Lightoom then export as numbered jpegs into Photoshop. The file numbers are the Jpeg names. The files all have metadata and key wordss attached. Now when I make a book and I want the FILE nmbers showing - all I get printed are the same keywords(e.g. A & B wedding) under each imgae, not the JPEG file name as I used to have. This happens whether I choose Smart captions or All captions. Any ideas please ?on to how to get the jpeg file names again. I have done one catalogue recently and I had to go in and rename each jpeg file again in my gallery... (:cry:)after 500 or so - it is a bit of a mission:) - thanx - - Karen
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page