First-time Book Creator with CS4

PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: First-time Book Creator with CS4

Posted:31 Mar 2009 (18:45 UTC)
Christine, let's see we prefer one complete PDF or separate .jpg files. We don't take .psd files.We recommend your images be at 300 dpi.

For all our trim sizes we recommend you make the cover images as well as the interior page images 1/4" larger than your book size. For example if you plan to create an 8.5x11 book the cover image as well as interior pages would be 8.75x11.25 (at 300 dpi).

Most importantly, keep all important items (people, heads, text,borders) away from the outer 1/2" on all sides.

Here is a page that may help http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/index.php?structure_id=448

We trim 1/8" on all sides and just keep in mind an 1/8" is a greater percentage of the book for our mini books than it is for say an 8.5x11 book. In other words 1/8" is a greater percentage of 5" than it is of 8.5". Does that make sense?

You can contact support@prestophoto.com about the storage if it is not enough
Christine

First-time Book Creator with CS4

Posted:29 Mar 2009 (03:15 UTC)
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me...I would like to make a 30-40 page book and I think I want to try and create my own pages with Adobe CS4 *not elements*. Is there some tutorial on what size page I need to have my files so they print to the edge of the paper but I don't lose anything either. Also, where are the templates that you can purchase online from other PrestoPhoto users and how much are they? Lastly, any idea if I just use the complimentary storage if I should be able to fit a 40 page book in that storage...how large should my .psd's be when I am done.

Basically any advice you can help me with would be greatly appreciated. It seems that most of the threads in the forums are from 'pros' that are proficient in Photoshop and PrestoPhoto :)

-Christine
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page