Questions on Full bleed panorama layouts

Comment on Cropping And Bleed
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Questions on Full bleed panorama layouts

Posted:15 Nov 2010 (16:53 UTC)
Cristina,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto and thanks for your interest.

Here is a link to our page about 2-page spreads that may help: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/11323

As a note, for all of our books the first interior page prints on the right, regardless of whether or not it displays on the right or left in the preview. The first interior page will always print on the right.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

PrestoPhoto support
Cristina Ryabinkin

Posted:12 Nov 2010 (22:41 UTC)
Hi,

So just to clarify if I want a two page layout should it be 12.5 x 12.25. Adding .25 for trim and an extra .25 to the gutter side of the page?

Thank you.
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:02 Nov 2009 (20:59 UTC)
Yes you will need to allow for some of the image to fold down into the spine. Here is our link on 2-page spreads
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:02 Nov 2009 (19:12 UTC)
Hi Dan

Question 1:

If you are spreading images across two pages, the amount of overlap is up to your preference. About 1/8" of bleed is consumed in the actually binding, however the spine gutter does interupt the flow of the image even if you can still see the image. We recommend maybe 1/4" overlap for a 12x12. Here are some screenshots that can help: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/11323

Question 2:

Yes, they are printed however, bear in mind binding machines are a very sloppy busines and there can be up to a 1/4" float. We do a lot of two-page spreads and have not had vertical registration be an issue. However, if you are looking for *extremely precise* lining up, this is not likely to happen with any print production.

Let us know if you have any questions!
Dan

Questions on Full bleed panorama layouts

Posted:02 Nov 2009 (04:38 UTC)
Hi there, I'm getting ready to order a book, but I have some questions on your capabilities to make books featuring panoramic, two page layouts that need to match up across the spine.

Question 1!!

Is the bound portion of the page part of the 12x12 face, or do you bind an unbled portion? IE: will I need to move the inside portion of my layout away from the edge to prevent it from disappearing into the binding? If so, how far away from the inside edge is optimum to ensure a continuous image across the binding?

Question 2!!
Are you able to ensure that panoramic layouts that span two pages will match up vertically?

Thank you! Dan.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page