"Your image is too low DPI"

Judy Roberts
Profile Picture

Re: "Your image is too low DPI"

Posted:18 Nov 2009 (04:09 UTC)
For what it's worth, my old digital cameral took pretty low resolution photos i.e. 550K for a photo (probably 72 ppi). I've had them printed by PrestoPhoto and other book printers where I've been warned that they are too low of a resolution, but they've always turned out fine. There a bunch of good examples in some of the books that my kids did by viovio. The photos in these books that show real people were terrible quality and actually look amazing in the books. I know they have to warn you, so if you have a bunch of low res photos, either do a proof book or use your own judgement. I was happily suprised.
Judy
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: "Your image is too low DPI"

Posted:09 Nov 2009 (18:00 UTC)
Justine,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto and thanks for your interest.

What your images need is more "Pixel Resolution". Here is a link that might help explain it better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_resolution#Pixel_resolution

The size of your images are counted in pixels. In order to get a nice crisp picture, your images should be at 300dpi.

If the resolution is higher than 300dpi your upload is soooo much slower and the printer may choke trying to process the file which will be very large and the print resolution won't be etter than 300dpi.

So more trouble for no more crispness in the printed images.

If you have anymore questions please let us know!

PrestoPhoto support
Justine Kirby

"Your image is too low DPI"

Posted:08 Nov 2009 (20:31 UTC)
When I move my photos into a photo book layout, I get the message "Your image is too low DPI." What does this mean in terms of the quality of a printed photo book? How do I avoid this problem - e.g. change settings on camera before taking any photos that might end up in a photo book? If so, what settings do I need to use?

Thanks very much.
Justine
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page