How to insert uncropped image?

Creative Eyes
Profile Picture

Re: How to insert uncropped image?

Posted:21 Jan 2010 (21:34 UTC)
Just a little update: Both versions of our clean style templates are now available. With 4:3 picture drop zones for "normal" digi photos and 3:2 ones for DSLR formats.

All of our templates containing only "uncropped" images you can from now on identify by a little white button with a ladybug. It tells you the format directly on the preview.
Creative Eyes
Profile Picture

Posted:05 Jan 2010 (11:08 UTC)
Hello Rick,

unfortunately padding with background colour is not possible, because of the way those templates are designed. There is indeed no way to avoid cropping, if the image drop zones do not match your ratio.

You can like Sam says, change the way it is cropped (by clicking on the sciccor symbol) or assemble your pages offline like Russ. Then you can save them as either jpeg or PDF.

My partner and me do have templates with 4:3 dropzones only for landscape and letter size. We are in the process of designing a square album and a collection with 3:2 photo dropzones for DSLR photos. I cannot give you an exact date, but they should be online within the next two weeks. To have a look at the already available ones, just click on our name and you can see our products. The uncropped photo ones are called "Simple perfection".

Inga
Sam
Profile Picture

Posted:04 Jan 2010 (18:37 UTC)
You can make your own dropzones and Templates, or you can do a custom cropping on any image that you drop.
Russ

Posted:04 Jan 2010 (15:44 UTC)
When I was making my first book I discovered the same thing. Therefore, I didn't use a template, I made my pages so I could use any size photos and any amount that I wanted to use.
RIck Matthews

How to insert uncropped image?

Posted:01 Jan 2010 (19:48 UTC)
I am trying to create a photo book. This is the first time I have used your service.

I cannot see any way to avoid cropping an image that does not perfectly match the aspect ratio of the template image slot. I wish your templates would permit padding with the background color rather than forcing cropping of the image.

Am I missing a way to include uncropped images?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page