photo quality

Comment on Help
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: photo quality

Posted:24 Feb 2010 (16:10 UTC)
Cindy,

Thanks for answering this post and for the positive feedback!!!

PrestoPhoto support
Cindy

Posted:24 Feb 2010 (05:10 UTC)
I can answer this question for you! I just received my 134 page 12x12 hardcover digital scrapbook and the quality of the printing is excellent. All of my pictures are older so they had to be scanned in. I scanned them in at 300dpi and saved in a jpg format. I created a gallery and uploaded each page I created in jpg format, making sure that all the items I used from backgrounds to embellishments were also 300dpi. The book turned out much better then I ever expected and I've ordered a second one. I honestly can tell you this is the best photobook site out there. (:biggrin:) I'm off to create yet another large scrapbook!

Cindy
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:27 Jan 2010 (18:10 UTC)
Juliana, yes DPI impacts the grainy look of images. For best quality of your pictures we prefer one complete PDF or separate .jpg files. We recommend your images be at 300 DPI.

Also, for all our trim sizes we recommend you make the cover images as well as the interior page images 1/4" larger than your book size. For example if you plan to create an 8.5x11 book the cover image as well as interior pages would be 8.75x11.25 (at 300 dpi).

Most importantly, keep all important items (people, heads, text,borders) away from the outer 1/2" on all sides.

Here is a page that may help
http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/index.php?structure_id=303

We trim 1/8" on all sides and just keep in mind an 1/8" is a greater percentage of the book for our mini books than it is for say an 8.5x11 book. In other words 1/8" is a greater percentage of 5" than it is of 8.5". Does that make sense?
Juliana

photo quality

Posted:27 Jan 2010 (04:24 UTC)
I am doing some research to find a good quality photobook and I came across your site. I have seen many photobooks and the pictures look grainy, and the colors are somewhat dim. I have paid a lot of money for my camera, and I want to create a book that will display my pictures at their best... ie. not grainy, crisp and bright colors, etc.

I've been told that the DPI has something to do with the "grainy-ness" or look of the photos in the book. Are you able to tell me what DPI you use? Will the books printed with your site look like the books from shutterfly or snapfish? (seen their books in person and LESS than impressive) How does your quality differ?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page