Kaetlyn Wilcox

How to layout full page spreads that will be saddle stitched

Posted:18 Mar 2010 (13:48 UTC)
After I asked the question above, I didn't get a clear response. So I took matters into my own (impatient) hands and did a little test. I ordered two differently formatted versions of the same book; the first had full page spreads formatted with a half inch overlap in the gutter, as recommended here: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/11323. The second book I ordered was formatted with no overlap in the gutter. As I suspected, the book without overlap looked correct and lined up well in its saddle stitch binding. The spreads that were formatted the way that PrestoPhoto recommends were a bit wonky, as the overlapping areas showed, and created a sort of clumsy double image at the binding. Once again, this only applies to very short books, under 20 pages, that will be saddle stitched and not perfect bound. If you are making such a book, the verdict is: don't format your spreads with overlap! Which is kind of nice, since it's less work:)
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re:

Posted:29 Jan 2010 (16:23 UTC)
Caretta,

Premium is offered in checkout..we checked in your account and it was offered. Please send a note to support@prestophoto.com if you have anymore questions.

PrestoPhoto support
Carletta
Posted:29 Jan 2010 (13:59 UTC)
The premium binding option does not appear before I complete my shopping order. I designed the book to meet premium binding specifications.

Where and how can I get the premium option added to my order?

Higher binding quality required.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page