Professional membership

Comment on Contact
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Professional membership

Posted:25 Feb 2010 (17:35 UTC)
Caridad,

All you need to do to get started is create a PrestoPhoto.com account and make some designs. We have no contracts and do not require exclusivity.

Leave a lot of room for bleed. We cut 1/8" from each side during trim. For big books, this is a very small amount. However, for small books such as a 5"x5", total trim is almost 5% of the book, and we recommend double.

I would leave 1" border on a 12"x12" layout, and that will give you plenty of room if a customer chooses to order the book at different sizes.

When you get some designs that you are ready to get up and selling, send the PNG files to designer@prestophoto.com and we'll convert them and get them live on your account. If you are brave, you can try to convert them yourself - see a webcast at:

http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/Creating+Book+Designer+Templates

When you upload pages you can upload them as singles or in groups. You set the commission when editing your template from your PrestoPhoto.com account. The commission is added to the total cost of a book when any number of pages in your template album is used. When the book is purchased, you recieve a commission for *each* copy of the book sold.

If your template is $3, a 20 page 9"x7" book using that template will cost $4.99 + (20 * $.30) + 3 = $13.99 If two copies of the same book are purchased, you receive $6.

Payment is available in Paypal, Worldpay, Check, and Store Credit.

Let us know if you need anything else!

PrestoPhoto Support
http://www.prestophoto.com/support/
Blue Angels
Profile Picture

Professional membership

Posted:25 Feb 2010 (12:48 UTC)
Hi,

I have a professional membership and want to know if I am able to creat templates for sale with this type of membership. Also, it says you can earn a commission. What is the cost to sell the template on your site? Is there a charge?

Thanks.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page