Can I use a drop shadow on photos (created in InDesign) ?

Christian
Profile Picture

Re: Can I use a drop shadow on photos (created in InDesign) ?

Posted:20 May 2010 (20:05 UTC)
PS, you can probably get more exact InDesign answers from the Adobe InDesign User Forum
Christian
Profile Picture

Re: Can I use a drop shadow on photos (created in InDesign) ?

Posted:20 May 2010 (20:04 UTC)
Hi Sue,

Drop shadows have been trouble in the past. Since PDF 1.5, they are handled much more cleanly by the printer. I would choose the PDF 1.6 or later and you should be fine.

wrote:

I'm afraid we are not InDesign experts. I believe this happens when you have created your document with Facing pages. You want to create your file without that. I recommend creating the document size with the bleed, for example 8.75"x11.25". You can use the bleed settings, however you need to make sure you have "Use Document Bleed Settings" during PDF export. Also, if you have set bleed in your document setup, you should set each of the four sides to .125"
Sue Lowery

Can I use a drop shadow on photos (created in InDesign) ?

Posted:13 May 2010 (19:31 UTC)
I am unsure whether I can use a drop shadow on photos in printed book. Do I understand you cannot print anything like that, even if it shows up perfectly on pdf, will not on printed piece.

Each page has a background or color image with photos laid on top with a drop shadow that added in InDesign CS.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page