Gutter bleed problems Indesign CS

Robert

Re: Gutter bleed problems Indesign CS

Posted:09 Jan 2011 (20:23 UTC)
Happened to me when:
- A large image is masked with a smaller frame.
- A vertical strip from the inside left page, bleed width in size, appears in the inside bleed area on the right page when exported to pdf.

Fixed it by:
- Using a zer0 inside bleed and doubling the outside bleed to 0.25in.

Note: I haven't printed yet, so I don't know whether the original problem will show in the final output or whether the 'fix' will cause additional problems in the printed output.
Christian
Profile Picture

Re: Gutter bleed problems Indesign CS

Posted:18 May 2010 (00:38 UTC)
Hi Sue,

You want to make sure you are *not* using spreads. You can adjust the bleed after the document is created by choosing File > Document Setup; click More Options. In Normal view, the red line that surrounds the document boundaries indicates the bleed.

Just before you print, you can test whether the objects off the page will print properly by turning on Use Document Bleed Settings in the Marks and Bleed pane of the Print dialog box (or the Export Adobe PDF dialog box).
Sue Lowery

Gutter bleed problems Indesign CS

Posted:13 May 2010 (19:34 UTC)
On my document, created in Indesign CS, I made 1/4" bleed all around each page. Right hand and left hand pages are different backgrounds. The background from left hand page bleeds over into the right hand page and vice versa. What am I doing wrong?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page