binding gutter

Comment on Cropping And Bleed
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: binding gutter

Posted:24 May 2010 (21:48 UTC)
Hmmm, the extra .10 in the gutter is not necessary. However, it won't hurt either. Also, the gutter .10 would be on the inside gutter not on the left for every page :) Truthfully, please be aware that the binding equipment can shift almost 1/4" (we require 1/8" safety on all sides) so 1/10" is under that margin of error. If you are concerned about things at that micro level of adjustment you may want to reconsider your design. That is why we recommend all important items (text, heads, etc) 1/2" away from the edge on all sides.
Anonymous

Posted:20 May 2010 (00:06 UTC)
Does that mean I should not be adding the .10 to left side for any pages? I was creating the layout for my pages in Photoshop as 8.85 (wide) x 8.75 (height) to allow room for binding. Is this not neccessary? I want to make sure that my images are centered.
To be more specific, I have been laying them out as 8.75x8.75 exactly centered, and then adding a .10 border to the left for binding purposes. Please let me know the best way to do this to ensure that images are perfectly centered. Thank you!
Christian
Profile Picture

Posted:19 May 2010 (21:42 UTC)
No, we trim the inside automatically to compensate for the outer trim.
Anonymous

binding gutter

Posted:19 May 2010 (19:41 UTC)
I am adding .10 to the left of all of my pages to compensate for binding gutter and ensure centering. Should I also do this for the cover page?
Thanks!
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page