Book Question

Comment on 13x10 Photo Book
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Book Question

Posted:07 Mar 2011 (18:23 UTC)
Greg,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto and thanks for your interest.

Here's a link to our Binding page that will help you with your margins :)

http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/Book+Cover+Specifications

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

PrestoPhoto support
Greg Purnell

Posted:05 Mar 2011 (20:17 UTC)
What is the distance between the inside edge of the page and the outside of the binding? (about .25in?) I am trying to set my margins in InDesign so I can center my content within the "free area" as opposed to the entire page (which is partly obscured by the binding).
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:14 Jul 2010 (15:58 UTC)
Rosemary,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto and thanks for your interest.

Just upload your cover as normal and we'll take care of the rest :) We prefer one complete PDF or separate .jpg files. We recommend your images be at 300 dpi.

For all our trim sizes we recommend you make the cover images as well as the interior page images 1/4" larger than your book size. For example if you plan to create an 8.5x11 book the cover image as well as interior pages would be 8.75x11.25 (at 300 dpi).

Most importantly, keep all important items (people, heads, text,borders) away from the outer 1/2" on all sides.

If you have any questions please let us know!

PrestoPhoto support
Rosemary

Book Question

Posted:13 Jul 2010 (21:59 UTC)
I am about to order this book and I am designing it in Adobe Indesign. I was wondering if you could help me with a question I have regarding the spiral binding. I don't want the pictures or text in my book to be in the area where the binding will be- what dimensions would be considered in the safe zone so I can avoid this?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page