Page Flip is too large!

Rosemary Hawkins

Re: Page Flip is too large!

Posted:04 Sep 2010 (04:30 UTC)
Dear Christian,

Thank you for the explanation. I have edited the Layout Preview to show only certain pictures from the books. While I would still prefer a slightly smaller size option along with the current one, I do appreciate the editing option.

Thank you again for your answer.

Best, Rosemary
Christian
Profile Picture

Re: Page Flip is too large!

Posted:03 Sep 2010 (04:20 UTC)
Hi Rosemary!

We have indeed improved our previews. First, know that the Layout Preview is only available to you.

When viewing the Layout Preview, there is a select button that says "Edit Public Preview". Here you can select which, if any pages, you want available as a public preview.

The preview size is a low rez screen resolution and cannot be printed without lots of jaggies. The larger size came at a request from many creators whose books were unreadable at the smaller size, thus not doing an adequate job at revealing to potential customers the contents of their book.

Our size follows Amazon's "Look Inside" resolution. Being able to select a portion of your book for preview, like Amazon allows you to give your customers an impressive, quality preview without having exposing all of the work.

We'll be sure to send out a note shortly about the Preview changes. Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns!
Rosemary Hawkins

Page Flip is too large!

Posted:02 Sep 2010 (04:31 UTC)
Hello, I created two books some time ago with your great service (Montauk Seasons and Visiting Newfoundland). I was very happy with them and showed them to others. But now I am revisiting PrestoPhoto and I see you have made the page flip in the store lifesize! Don't we have any option as to what size the book should display? Anyone can copy the photos with a screen grab and I am putting many of my favorites in these books.

Please give us the option for a smaller page flip as you used to!

Best Rosemary Hawkins
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page