Full Bleed Panorama on Two Facing Pages

Comment on Adobe Photoshop
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Full Bleed Panorama on Two Facing Pages

Posted:11 Sep 2010 (04:52 UTC)
HI Ed,

Two-page spreads are really a matter of personal preference, and the image at hand. Some images are very unsettling with overlap, but often that can't be avoided (think group shots of people). However, the Ventura book has essentially no overlap, and it looks great. Keep in mind the holes of the wire-o spine are a good 1/4" into the interior of the book, however you can see through them. I would have at least 1/4" overlap on each page (1/8" will get trimmed away), and probably a bit more.

Here is a page which might help: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/11323
Ed Vertatschitsch

Full Bleed Panorama on Two Facing Pages

Posted:07 Sep 2010 (21:16 UTC)
I'd like to minimize the image loss when spreading a panorama across two flat pages (as shown in the "Ventura County" sample). Question is how to place the images on the page for best results.

Example
12.5"x20" full bleed Panorama for a 12.5 x 10" Landscape Wire O Bound Flat Hardcover Book

I would like to split down the middle into two equal images. Should these be resampled in order to create 12.75"x10.25" images? If so, then would I loose the central 1/4" of the panorama due to trim?

Is it possible to simply place the original 12.5"x10" (or perhaps the resampled larger size) images toward the gutter of the facing pages and specify the trimming to occur only on the outside edge and not the gutter side?

If that is not possible, could one place the images only 1/16" from the gutter, leaving some 1/16" blank in the gutter and then the 1/8" trim all around would remove only 1/16" of each side of the image?

Hoping you can give me some advice without needing to do a test run.
Thanks in advance.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page