Let me get this straight...

Comment on Book Binding and Covers
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Let me get this straight...

Posted:27 Sep 2010 (17:22 UTC)
Kim,

greetings from PrestoPhoto and thank you for your interest.

Here is a page that may help http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/index.php?structure_id=448

Also, for all our trim sizes we recommend you make the cover images as well as the interior page images 1/2" larger than your book size. For 8.5x11 the cover image would be 8.75x11.25. Keep all important items (people, heads, text) away from the outer 1/2" on all sides.

If you want to create a full wrap cover — the best thing to do is upload the interior file, and move forward in the book creation process until you get to the cover creation stage of the game. On that page to the left of the screen under Cover Dimensions: we give you the exact dimensions for your full wrap cover based on the page count for your specific book.

You can then create the cover file and upload.

If you have other questions let us know!

PrestoPhoto support
Kim Martucci

Let me get this straight...

Posted:26 Sep 2010 (19:08 UTC)
Okay,
So, when I upload my cover page, the jpg should be 8.5 x 8.5" right? From that I should allow 1? all the way around, INSIDE that dimension, to account for trim and bleed and all those things I don't really understand? But THE FINAL DIMENSION of the jpg I upload should be 8.5 x 8.5" right? (shutterfly sucks at explaining the dimensions needed, so that is why i am jumping ship and coming over here!) Also, if I want to wrap around my front image... should I just create one that measures 17" wide x 8.5" (again with 1" safety margin going all around the inside? THANKS for your help!
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page