Die cut cover book

Comment on Help
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Die cut cover book

Posted:12 Oct 2010 (15:47 UTC)
Frank,

Our 11x8.5 & 12x12 die-cut hardbacks don't have an image on the cover. The image you designate as your cover image peeks through the die-cut window on the front cover. There is no text on the spine.

We will scale the cover image so you don't need to do that. Make the front cover image the same size as your book just like the interior pages. Actually, we give you the option to keep the image at its full scale, scale it to fit inside the die-cut window in the cover, or scale it to a certain percentage of the original size. The options are available on the die-cut cover tab during the cover creation stage of the bookmaker process. It is impossible to give an exact measurements for the window because the covers are pre-made and they are not exact.

The easiest way to set up the die-cut interior so you know exactly how the pages will layout is to create your interior book file as a single multi-page PDF then create your cover image as a separate .jpg file. Upload your interior PDF file and tell the system that your cover image will be a separate image. Then upload the cover image. We will make the back of the cover image blank. Therefore the first page of your interior file will fall on the right.

Here is a link to a page that shows how it will layout.
http://www.prestophoto.com/index.php?structure_id=470

Just scroll down to the picture with the person's hand so you can see how it looks.

There is no text on the spine. The minimum page count is 24 and the maximum page count is 120. The production time on this book is 7 business days.

Here is a link to a page that shows our die-cut product http://www.prestophoto.com/index.php?structure_id=469 .

You can see the leaf peeks through the die-cut window .

As a note, the 11x8.5 is a landscape book --- with books the dimensions are listed horizontal by vertical so 11" is the long side and 8.5 is the tall side meaning the book is longer than it is tall.

PrestoPhoto Support
Frank Walker

Die cut cover book

Posted:12 Oct 2010 (14:18 UTC)
Hello

I am creating a 11" x 8.5 book with die-cut cover. I used the template you provide to create my cover page that shows through the die cut. However in the uploading process, your system produced a cover preview that is not aligned correctly. I have double-checked my file. Since I used your template, should I be worried? I will finalize my book once I hear back from you on this issue.

Thanks
Frank
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page