Scribus -- PDF or JPEG?

PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Scribus -- PDF or JPEG?

Posted:27 Oct 2010 (19:52 UTC)
You have 500 MBs of space, so you will have enough space.

PrestoPhoto Support
Andrew Shissler

Posted:27 Oct 2010 (19:39 UTC)
How many JPEG's can I upload? 90 pages @ 5MB each is 450MB. Is there that much server space available?
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:27 Oct 2010 (16:42 UTC)
Yes, creating the images as jpegs would be great and you are correct. Create them in 300 dpi and size them at 8.75 x 11.25.

When you mentioned about your colors shifting, it makes me think that color space conversion, like it went from CMYK to RGB or vice versa. Here are some PDF Conversion Tools that you might find useful.

Just for your information, here is page we created about Scribus
Andrew Shissler

Scribus -- PDF or JPEG?

Posted:27 Oct 2010 (03:29 UTC)
I'm trying to create a photobook using Scribus. Before I realized that PrestoPhoto blocks the uploads of Scribus PDF's, I had already created my 90 page photobook. I tried "printing" my photobook to Adobe Acrobat, but the colors of the photos are muted. In other words, the colors are faded, especially the greens. Unless someone knows the right settings on Adobe Acrobat 9, it appears that the PDF method won't work. I've read the guidelines on the PrestoPhoto website and I've tried many combinations, but to no avail. So, my next option is to create 90 JPEG images (one for every page) and upload them to PrestoPhoto . What should the dimensions be for these JPEG images? My photobook is 8.5 x 11", so my PDF was 8.75 x 11.25". Should I use the same dimensions for my JPEG image and keep them at 300dpi? Thanks!
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page