Mr.

PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Mr.

Posted:24 Nov 2010 (16:46 UTC)
J.W,

greetings from PrestoPhoto and thank you for your interest.

We prefer one complete PDF or separate .jpg files. We recommend your images be at 300 dpi.

For all our trim sizes we recommend you make the cover images as well as the interior page images 1/4" larger than your book size. For example if you plan to create an 8.5x11 book the cover image as well as interior pages would be 8.75x11.25 (at 300 dpi).

Most importantly, keep all important items (people, heads, text,borders) away from the outer 1/2" on all sides.

Here is a page that may help
http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/index.php?structure_id=303

We trim 1/8" on all sides and just keep in mind an 1/8" is a greater percentage of the book for our mini books than it is for say an 8.5x11 book. In other words 1/8" is a greater percentage of 5" than it is of 8.5". Does that make sense?

If you have other questions or if I missed something let me know and I'll do my best to help.

PrestoPhoto support
J.W. Brown

Mr.

Posted:24 Nov 2010 (15:47 UTC)
Hello

I am thinking of making a 8.5 x 8.5 photo book with a custom soft cover. If I was to put two - 4x6 photos on each page of deer pictures would the antler tips have to be away from the edge of the pictures as not to get cut off due to any trimming?

Thanks
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page