Cropped cover?

Comment on Book Designer Screencasts
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Cropped cover?

Posted:14 Dec 2010 (21:01 UTC)
Hi, Ellaxg,

We recommend keeping all important elements at least a half inch away from the border. If you are using a template in the book designer, this should already be accounted for in the template. Let us know if you have any other questions.

PrestoPhoto Support
ellayxg

Cropped cover?

Posted:12 Dec 2010 (07:57 UTC)
Hi, I'm confused about the first video — if I understand the crop guides correctly, doesn't it mean that the back cover of that beach trip photobook will have the top of the lady's head cut off and the left of the baby's?

Or does using Book Designer take care of scaling/cropping/bleed issues? I have photos with impt elements that do go all the way to the edge and I don't see any way of getting around the crop problem short of manually adding a safety border to all my photos, which defeats the point of having an easy to use software.

I've read the help pages but don't understand how it works since a lot of the advice given seems directed at people uploading completed pdfs as opposed to using Book Designer (where you don't get to specify the size of the final picture uploaded, just the dimensions).

Please help?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page