CMYK v. sRGB

PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: CMYK v. sRGB

Posted:22 Dec 2010 (17:37 UTC)
sRGB is best :) And we recommend your images be at 300 dpi.
Anonymous

Posted:22 Dec 2010 (03:02 UTC)
So if I'm planning to use the die-cut cover choice, ALL my images --- including the JPG or PDF that will "peek" through the hole in the cover --- and they should be sRGB, correct?

AND:

My "peeking" photo is actually words, not a graphics file. Can I give you a PDF instead of a JPG file for that one image? If I give you a JPG file, and you stretch it, resolution will be lost. A PDF is safer.

Thanks.
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:20 Dec 2010 (18:29 UTC)
Lisa,

sRGB is best. All cover images are normalized to the sRGB color space because the full wrap covers have to be assembled from several images. We convert everything to sRGB, and flatten to a single rasterized image, then make the single composite image from the separate front, back, and spine text, etc.

So saving out your cover in sRGB is best. In fact, saving it out as a high quality sRGB jpeg is ideal, since that is what we do in the code to make sure the full wrap covers are printable.

Here is a link on color that may help also: http://www.prestophoto.com/forums/topic/9714

Let us know if you have any more questions :)

PrestoPhoto support
Lisa Aszklar

CMYK v. sRGB

Posted:18 Dec 2010 (07:11 UTC)
Hi,

If I'm constructing my book using InDesign CS4 (instead of Book Maker), and then exporting the entire file out as a PDF, is CMYK ok instead of sRGB as a color profile?

I'm having some trouble with drop shadows printing incorrectly when I run a trial page, and I understand it could be related to the color profile.

Thoughts??
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page