Full Bleed Images

Comment on Help
daveharrington

Re: Full Bleed Images

Posted:22 Feb 2011 (10:32 UTC)
Hi thanks for the info - I have gone through all my images and made sure there is an adequate margin for full bleed ... now ... apologies for this question but which is the full bleed template?! Is it the template that all the pages have by default when the book is initially created? Looking forward to your reply as I am pretty much ready to go!

Thanks!
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Full Bleed Images

Posted:21 Feb 2011 (18:14 UTC)
greetings from PrestoPhoto and thank you for your interest.

We prefer one complete PDF or separate .jpg files. We recommend your images be at 300 dpi.

For all our trim sizes we recommend you make the cover images as well as the interior page images 1/4" larger than your book size. For example if you plan to create an 8.5x11 book the cover image as well as interior pages would be 8.75x11.25 (at 300 dpi).

Most importantly, keep all important items (people, heads, text,borders) away from the outer 1/2" on all sides.

Here is a page that may help
http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/index.php?structure_id=303

We trim 1/8" on all sides and just keep in mind an 1/8" is a greater percentage of the book for our mini books than it is for say an 8.5x11 book. In other words 1/8" is a greater percentage of 5" than it is of 8.5". Does that make sense?

The size of your images are counted in pixels. In order to get a nice crisp picture, your images should be at 300dpi.

If the resolution is higher than 300dpi your upload is soooo much slower and the printer may choke trying to process the file which will be very large and the print resolution won't be better than 300dpi.

So more trouble for no more crispness in the printed images.

They are different units of measurement, just like inches and centimeters.

Hope that helps.

PrestoPhoto Support
http://www.prestophoto.com/support/
daveharrington

Full Bleed Images

Posted:19 Feb 2011 (18:33 UTC)
Hi, I am just in the process of creating a 4:3 format photo book and think the most flexible way for me to get my images right is to use photoshop, create a 4:3 format background, create whatever collage or single image I want, then save it as a jpeg and upload to PrestoPhoto with each page as a full bleed...does this sound feasible and how much image loss should I expect around the edges or spine for each page? Are we talking pixels or mm?

Look forward to your advice,

Regards,

Dave
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page