Crop guide question

Comment on Apple Pages
Byron Weber Becker

Re: Page sizes

Posted:11 Mar 2011 (01:33 UTC)
This is bad news. I assumed, wrongly, that a 11x8.5 book would start with an 11x8.5 page and that the 1/8 inch border would come off of this. Or that you would scale the page up by just a little bit before trimming off the 1/8".

So... what can I do to recover from this? I produced the document in Apple's Pages. I haven't found a way to scale all pages within Pages. All my efforts to scale when exporting and/or printing to PDF have failed to date. Suggestions?
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Page sizes

Posted:09 Mar 2011 (17:40 UTC)
Byron,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto and thanks for your interest.

Just make your pages 1/4" larger than the book you plan to create and keep all important items (heads & text) away from the outer 1/4" on all sides and nothing will get wacked.

Here is a link to our page on cropping and bleed http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/index.php?structure_id=303

Thanks,

PrestoPhoto support
Byron Weber Becker

Crop guide question

Posted:09 Mar 2011 (13:06 UTC)
I'd like clarification on the following comment from a previous post:

wrote:

Does this mean that we need to submit pages that are 8.75x11.25 or that you take our 8.5x11 pages, scale them up, and then trim off 1/8"?

My book has a black background; I want to make sure there's no trace of white at the page edges in the finished product.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page