Cover Question / PDF Upload

PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Cover Question / PDF Upload

Posted:27 Jun 2011 (19:23 UTC)
Greetings Juliann,

That would be the the best option if you are dead-set on having multiples of four, but it is in no way required to print the book.

If you have anymore questions or need more clarification, don't hesitate to contact us directly at support@prestophoto.com.

-PrestoPhoto Support
Juliann Westervelt

Posted:27 Jun 2011 (19:01 UTC)
Thank you! Unfortunately, I guess I would then have to relay out the whole magazine for purposes of printing....and add more pages to keep in multiples of 4?

Or I guess another option would be to just repeat the front cover and back cover in the interior? That would work in terms of keeping the insides a multiple of 4.

Can't think of anything else...can you?
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:27 Jun 2011 (16:32 UTC)
Greetings Juliann,

If you choose to have the first and last pages of your PDF become your cover they will not appear in the interior, only on the front and back cover. Page two of the PDF will become page one of your interior content, and it will begin on the right hand side, much like page one in a novel.

-PrestoPhoto Support
Juliann Westervelt

Cover Question / PDF Upload

Posted:25 Jun 2011 (15:02 UTC)
I've read the PDF/Cover sections a few times now and I just can't wrap my head around what happens to the inside pages of a cover when the front and back covers 'are removed' and the inside pages adjusted accordingly.

I've created a 28 page (including the covers) school 'magazine' in Publisher and have coverted to pdf. I'll be uploading the pdf to create a 8 1/2 x 11 softbound 'photobook' that I'm hoping will look a bit like a magazine when done.

The pdf includes the front and back covers, and in the layout, I've used the inside of those covers. If the covers are pulled out and shifting is done, does my "page 2" (the inside of the cover) then become page 3? Then throwing off the whole layout?

Or, does page two and page 27 of the pdf also get pulled out as part of the 'cover'?

I hope I'm making sense!

Thanks,
Juliann
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page