Best File type from PSE 10 for Full Page Bleed?

Comment on Help
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Best File type from PSE 10 for Full Page Bleed?

Posted:26 Dec 2011 (13:47 UTC)
Pamela,

Keeping all your vital content within .25" allowance from each edge of an 8.75x11.25" and all your backgrounds aloud to the end of the page will ensure that none of your vital content gets trimmed!

Regards,
PrestoPhoto support
support@prestophoto.com
PamelaB

Posted:23 Dec 2011 (21:39 UTC)
Thank you!

To verify: so I only need to keep foreground/vital content within a .25" allowance from each edge of an 8.75x11.25" page, not the 3/8" allowance (1/8 trim + 1/4 "caution") that is suggested on the "Cropping and Bleed" Help page?

-PamelaB
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:23 Dec 2011 (17:33 UTC)
Pamela,

You are headed in the right direction!

You can read about cropping and bleed here: http://www.prestophoto.com/wiki/Cropping+And+Bleed

We suggest for customers to make their pages .25" larger to account for bleed. So you are correct 8.75x11.25 is the perfect size.

You can then take all your background (non vital content) and stretch that to the edge of each page (typically this is a solid color, or maybe a material texture, or irrelevant parts of pictures like sky or ocean) - Then you can make sure the keep all vital content (text, faces, etc.) within .25" of all the sides!

We suggest you save your pages as .jpg's!

You can begin your project here: http://www.prestophoto.com/designer/ in the Designer! For helpful screencasts of how to use the Designer you can go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8tYeAo9MOY&list=UUgWmJwU2t0SRxjGkHaEVzGA&index=11&feature=plcp

You can certainly add and delete pages after you've begun you book- you will simply need to click the trashcan icon or the + icon underneath the pages that are located on the left within the Designer!

Regards,
PrestoPhoto support
support@prestophoto.com
PamelaB

Best File type from PSE 10 for Full Page Bleed?

Posted:23 Dec 2011 (05:35 UTC)
Dear PrestoPhoto:

I've looked, but I can't find the information I'm looking for to start my project. I've created "scrapbook" style pages for a family book on Photoshop Elements 10. I simply need to upload these images into a "full page bleed" page format on your site to create the book. The images were created as 8.5x11" (portrait) .PSDs at 300 dpi.

1. I'm currently in the process of revising them to include the "caution" trim area and resize them to 8.75 x 11.25" - is that correct?

2. What is the best file type to save them for upload to maintain the best resolution and prevent rasterizing/pixelating of photo/text/image elements: do they have to be .pdf files, or can I upload them as .tif, .jpg, or some other type?

3. Do I then just create my gallery with these images, and load them in with Book Designer on the "(Clean) Full-Page Bleed" template?

4. Can you add pages to your book after you've begun?

Thanks so much.
-PamelaB
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page