Text quality in jpgs

Diane

Re: Text quality in jpgs

Posted:06 Feb 2012 (14:33 UTC)
Fantastic!! Thanks for the great and informative response!! I'm excited to be a new PrestoPhoto customer!!
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Text quality in jpgs

Posted:06 Feb 2012 (13:40 UTC)
Diane,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto!

All our books print out at 300dpi, so your jpg's will not loose any resolution.

That being said (and you have your bases covered already!), it is also vital all pictures are imported at 300dpi since that is the resolution that our system demands - if you do not they will turn out fuzzy, blurry, or pixelated.

One way you can tell is to open the file and zoom into to 400%. In Photoshop, when you have selected the magnifying glass zoom tool, you can right click the image and select "actual pixels". Either of these methods will show you the print quality of the image. If they look clear and clean using those methods then they will look that same way when printed!

PrestoPhoto support
support@prestophoto.com
Diane

Text quality in jpgs

Posted:03 Feb 2012 (22:46 UTC)
I am using Lumapix to create 12x12 high quality (300dpi) jpegs containing both text and photos. Can anyone tell me if I should be concerned about losing resolution or pixelation of these files if incorporated into my book. My jpgs look great on my screen, when printed by my local printer (as sheets) and in other photo editing software (Photoshop). But I'm concerned because I was originally going to use Blurb to make my photobook but when creating my book, it appeared that my jpgs lost resolution/quality when added to my project and customer service could not guarantee the final book would be better. So it was too much of a gamble for me to take given the scope/cost of my project so I've decided to try PrestoPhoto .

Any feeback, comments and/or suggestions are much appreciated!
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page