is the new Presto MaxOS software a replacement for Aperture

Comment on Apple Photo Book Help
Tim Weaver
Profile Picture

Re: is the new Presto MaxOS software a replacement for Aperture

Posted:03 Sep 2019 (17:59 UTC)
Hi Larry,

The only thing we are trying to currently duplicate is the Book Builder, as far as the photo editing and library management, that's all handled via Apple Photos.

In regards to the Catalina update and Aperture support, we can't say 100% for sure that it won't run until it releases, but ever sign points to it not being supported. Only 64 bit software is supposed to be supported from Catalina and going forward. Since Aperture is 32 bit software, unless they change their minds, it most likely will not be supported. We suggest you hold off on updating to Catalina immediately and see what the official word is upon its release.

Warm Regards,
Tim
Larry Christenson

is the new Presto MaxOS software a replacement for Aperture

Posted:16 Aug 2019 (04:16 UTC)
Hi. I just received your Beta Mac OS update. Nice. Query. I have used Aperture for years. it's perfect for what I do. I do not want to learn InDesign. Can your new software update duplicate Aperture? I can currently access Aperture with Mojave 10.14.6. I have been told that the new MacOS Catalina coming in the Fall will totally flush the Aperture from from the OS. Do you have any insight what will happen if we do update to Catalina? Any impact on Aperture? Thanks.. Larry
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page