PDF Layout

Carly

Re: PDF Layout

Posted:26 Mar 2007 (22:15 UTC)
Connie,

I have checked and re-checked my image order and re-generated the preview, but the preview still shows out of order from my image gallery. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
connie
Profile Picture

Posted:22 Mar 2007 (20:24 UTC)
Aleks, sorry I missed this post. Are you referring to your wedding proof album? I ask because I remember seeing that order come through. I will tell you that we had troule with the preview process and it has been corrected. If you ever have trouble with uploading please send a note to support@prestophoto.com so that an engineer will be alerted right away.
Aleks Messier

Posted:18 Mar 2007 (14:24 UTC)
Carly,

If you generated the preview before the images were in the right order than they will still be in the wrong order. Now that you have the images in the right order you have to re-generate the preview. I myself am having a hard time with this. Connie, since this is related, maybe you can help. I accidentally uploaded new images into an old library. This upload took a very long time - because there were 500MB worth of images, so instead of redoing the upload into a new gallery I went and removed the old images from it. Now, I've tried several times, but I have not been able to regenerate the PDF preview with the new images, I tried by opening the gallery (now with the new images) and clicking 'Order Book' and then clicking 'Back' (or some other button, I forget which, to recreate the preview). I've also tried approaching it from the 'Create new Product' angle - after removing the original product (book) with the original images. When I try to regenerate the PDF preview, it just sits on the page and the status says 'Photo Book Queueing' (or something like that). I know my images are huge, but I've made books with a lot of data before and I don't remember it ever taking this long. I started the preview generation and left the house for 3 hours, and when I came back it was still going... I've now completely removed the product and the gallery and I'm starting from scratch. I'm hoping that this time the preview generation will go smoother. I just thoguht that maybe you knew why I was having problems... Should it really take this long to generate a preview for 500MB worth of images and I'm just being impatient? Or is there something wrong when it takes this long?

Thanks!
Carly

Posted:17 Mar 2007 (05:35 UTC)
Connie, I did the order layout with 1 pdf picture per page and saved it. It is saved in the right order, but when "preview book" is viewed during bookmaker it is still all out of order. What am I missing now? Help! Thanks! ;)
connie
Profile Picture

Posted:14 Mar 2007 (17:13 UTC)
Carly, greetings!!! there are 2 ways you can order your images within your gallery. One way is to use the position field within the "image order" area. This field is also used if you want to deisgnate more than one image per page. The EASIEST way to determine number of images per page is to use our "image order" feature.
Edit your gallery and select the "image order" icon. While in the image order section you number your images so they fall within the book in the order you prefer. If you would like one image on a page you do not add an extention to that image. If you want 2 images to a page you will have an extension on the image that you want to fall as 2 to a page. Here is an example 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 (3 images on page 1) 2 (one image on page 2) 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 (five images on page 3) You can have any number of images per page from 1 up to 48 images. If you set it up to display 48 images on a page they would be very small :)

REMEMBER to save when you finish numbering :) Also, you will need to select "gallery image order" as your "Images Per Page" option during the book maker process.

The other way is to go to the image order area and scroll to the bottom of the gallery and select the drop down menu to the right of Re-order Gallery by and select the way you prefer for your gallery to be ordered.
Carly

PDF Layout

Posted:11 Mar 2007 (05:59 UTC)
I uploaded 50 pdf pages in the order that I wanted them for my book. When I went to review it, the pages were all out of order. What happened and how can I prevent this? Please advise. I don't know how else to make this happen since I did it in order the first time. Thanks.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page