HELP WITH COLORS

connie
Profile Picture

Re: HELP WITH COLORS

Posted:22 Mar 2007 (18:32 UTC)
Beverly, oh my I didn't realize you were trying to get the print results of the Epson 2200. I'm sorry to say this is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. The Epson is ink based (wet) and the iGen is toner based (dry) so the iGen will always have a different look. The ink based print process actually has a much larger gamut. The reason someone would print using our process is price. It costs about $2.00 per page to print on the ink based printers where as we offer the ability to print at between .25 and .50 per page. If cost is not an issue you may want to continue using your Epson.
jeanli

Re: HELP WITH COLORS

Posted:17 Mar 2007 (22:00 UTC)
Funny, because i had the *opposite* problem--just spent an hour working levels to de-saturate! My book was beautiful though, (softcover 9x7) and I am just nitpicking the details...
jeanli
Beverly Wickersham

HELP WITH COLORS

Posted:15 Mar 2007 (18:52 UTC)
I just got my third book, two more have shipped. I am very pleased with everything except the colors. I have increased the saturation and contrast with each book,
but they still seem very flat and faded out. I am using adobe rgb and have calibrated my monitor. The images look perfect in the gallery, and when I print them on my epson 2200, but very flat in the book. Is it possible to get some test pages printed without buying an entire book, to work out some sort of system?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page