Printer Profiles - Colour Prep

Christian
Profile Picture

Re: Printer Profiles - Colour Prep

Posted:09 Apr 2007 (05:07 UTC)
Hi Chris,

We have an ICC profile on our Printer FAQ.

Let us know if you need anything else!

- Christian
Chris Savery

Printer Profiles - Colour Prep

Posted:07 Apr 2007 (01:36 UTC)
Hello,
Generally for best colour output, and to avoid handlers adding unwelcome adjustments, photographers and designers will use a printer profile in a program like Photoshop to adjust the file colour for preview on a calibrated monitor. This provides a way to correct an image before sending it to the printer so that the result will closely match the screen viewed image.

Do you have such printer profiles available for your output device and if so where might I get this file so I can install it in Photoshop?

This is a standard way of matching colour on output and without such a profile getting accurate colour is just shooting the dark. I hope that if you don't have a profile (as I have not seen it mentioned anywhere here), that you may research it and consider providing one in the future. Even for output on a Fuji Frontier at your local Costco it is often possible to get a profile for the printer in a specific store location.

If this really is all news to you then you may want to read more at http://www.drycreekphoto.com as they offer a profiling service used by many photographers and photo printers.

Chris :)
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page