received first photo books...

connie
Profile Picture

Re: received first photo books...

Posted:28 Apr 2007 (19:19 UTC)
Dave, thanks for the post - Lets see - yes, the gloss finish is not the slick gloss of magazines or prints. It is a coating that protects the page as well as makes the images look crisp and adds a nice finish to the page.

I'd like to see the spine, if you could take a picture of the spine and send it to support@prestophoto.com as a .jpg I'll do a little research for you. If you would reference your order number that would help.

We do have a scheduled release to add storge space. I don't have the release date and we will make an announcement about it when it goes live.
dave

received first photo books...

Posted:15 Apr 2007 (23:09 UTC)
I just received two photobooks and I have the following comments:

Pros: Fast! Comparatively cheap pricing. Nice covers.

Cons: Paper used inside very average. 'Glossy' option not quite
as glossy as I was expecting. The writing on the spine
was way off-center and actually appeared on the back cover
instead. On books with 40-50 pages, the spine is so small
that the writing is illegible (would have been nice to
know this beforehand.

Overall, the photobooks seem to be a fairly good deal. We will use ours as kind of a coffee-table book, but will print our own higher-quality photos for our main album.

• I was also wondering why the 200mb limit for photos? That's incredibly small, especially given today's average file size. What do we do when we can only upload 2/3 of our vacation? We're kind of stuck. I have also had a problem with the thumbnails not being shown (still generating after 2 days!).

I would recommend PrestoPhoto, but be prepared to put some time and work into making the book (the organizing system is cumbersome, especially if you use more than one camera so the file names are mixed up, or you are trying to organize over a hundred pictures), and don't expect the photos to look like a real, professionally-done glossy print.
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page