Question about using Viovio

Sandra Blake

Re: Question about using Viovio

Posted:01 May 2007 (13:15 UTC)
I use their publishing capabilities. The price is excellent, the choices are varied, and the quality is outstanding. I have ordered several books from them, always with good results. If you have questions just instant message or email support at PrestoPhoto . Their customer service is very personal and first rate; they will help you out. If there is a real printing quality problem,(such things are possible, especially in high-volume periods like Christmas when the printer can get over-whelmed ...but if you upload incorrectly or have a type-o that is user error) they will make it right. You can download a copy of your book to your computer to preview so can check your photo positioning, spelling etc. The bookmaking program is not a drag and drop operation. You either need to .pdf your book before you upload it, or create it using their bookmaker. It's not difficult to use, but you have to understand it. Also, check your spelling; they don't have a
spellcheck feature yet, but that is in the works I know.

I always order a test book first to check the print results because the color from your camera in RGB format, what you see on your monitor (your monitor can be out of calibration and not reflect correct color hue or tone- Macs are pretty much right on) and the CMYK color that printer inks use can be very different. I found that in order to get a "true" green on paper, I needed to pump up the green in the electronic image that I sent to print. If you really get into this, you'll probably want to get a Greytag-McBeth callibartor for your monitor. It's a little electronic
"gizmo" that you place on the monitor and it will re-calibrate and correct the colors seen on the monitor.

Check out PrestoPhoto 's homepage for more details abouttheir advantages, costs, etc.
young family

Question about using Viovio

Posted:28 Apr 2007 (18:58 UTC)
Do you use the PrestoPhoto website for the photo book publishing capabilities or just as a place to share photos? I have been looking for a way to share family snapshot using snapfish or one of the other photo sharing sites. Would you recommend viovio, or one of the other sites?
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page