Using Appleworks

Christian
Profile Picture

Re: Using Appleworks

Posted:25 Jul 2007 (03:16 UTC)
Hi Nancy,

AppleWorks is indeed an old program, one with a 20+ year legacy, however it is still for sale at apple.com so we should be able to get something useful out of it.

The main problem is the size of the exported composite pictures made with AppleWorks. The first page is only 702x538 which is way to small - it should be at least 4 times that for proper 300 dpi printing.

See if there is an option to save the pages out at a much are size/resolution. If so, please let us know how to do it!
Nancy Easley

Using Appleworks

Posted:24 Jul 2007 (15:21 UTC)
I made a book using Appleworks completely and compressed to pdf then
sent to you for binding. The book is very pixelated and at first I thought this may be how your books are. I wanted to give another chance and possibly experiment to see if Appleworks was the culprit. In the book that I had you bind last week I alternated pages, some manipulated
in Appleworks and some just jpg files. The Appleworks pages are glaringly obvious, pixelated and grainy. The jpg pages are gorgeous.
Please, if someone asks again about using Appleworks for book layout, tell them not to do it. It's old software so I doubt many are still relying on it but some of us don't buy new computers very often and get stuck in ruts.
Anyway, encourage users to try the bookmaker you provide, explain that you can choose different numbers of pics on each page and captions can be added. That isn't very clear until you're halfway through the process.
thanks,
Nancy
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page