Printing books from Aperture

Nomy

Re: Printing books from Aperture

Posted:04 Sep 2007 (18:01 UTC)
Bart, let us know if you have question as you prepare your next trial book.
Bart Reardon

Posted:30 Aug 2007 (10:11 UTC)
hmm..ok

I got one printed recently and it too was scaled to 9x7 but wasn't full bleed. Will have to look at trialing another
Christopher Chan

Posted:30 Aug 2007 (05:57 UTC)
Hi Bart,

I printed a book that was prepared from Aperture about a year ago and I was able to get full bleed. I exported it using the standard size and the PrestoPhoto team scaled it down to 9x7 for me. The results were great.

regards,
Chris
Bart Reardon

Printing books from Aperture

Posted:29 Aug 2007 (22:57 UTC)
I did a test print of the raw PDF output from Aperture and the results were interesting.

Firstly, aperture lets you change the page size of the output but doesn't scale the contents of the book to fit (at least, not on my system). The standard output of Aperture books, exported as a PDF is 27x20cm with a 2mm bleed. Converted to inches this doesn't match 9x7 or 11x8.5 so needs to be scaled. The test book I uploaded was exported to A4 (slightly larger than 20x27cm) and scaled to 9x7 by Connie but since the pages didn't bleed they all came back with white borders.

A question for PrestoPhoto (whoever answers) is, if I export a PDF from Aperture at 27.2x20.2cm, can it be scaled to 9x7 or 11x8.5 and retain bleed. This will be important as the photo book I'm wanting to print will have full page images as well as pages with a black background.

All three formats are close enough to 1:1.3 to not worry too much about it.

Cheers,

Bart
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page