Powerpoint 2007 to PDF

Nomy

Re: Powerpoint 2007 to PDF

Posted:14 Nov 2007 (20:18 UTC)
You're welcome and good luck.
Yvonne Lee

Posted:10 Nov 2007 (22:57 UTC)
Thanks for your response. I don't trust MS Powerpoint's resolution (if I use your suggestion of just increasing by .25" on each side) so I'll go back to using Photomix and see how I go.

Thanks again.
Nomy

Posted:07 Nov 2007 (20:23 UTC)
Hi Yvonne,

To create PDF from Powerpoint, the file size should be the size of the book you plan to create plus 0.25" for trimming allowance (e.g. 8.5x11 should be 8.75x11.25). Also, please remember to embed the full font family when saving from PP to PDF.

Hope this helps.
Yvonne Lee

Powerpoint 2007 to PDF

Posted:04 Nov 2007 (20:09 UTC)
Hi
I did a quick test of a Powerpoint slide to JPG and it looked great so thought I'd follow the instructions and make the page layout 3 x the size of the final upload dimensions and then export to JPG. Unfortunately after I did 21 slides worth and exported to JPG it cut off about 1/4 of the graphic and moved all my text around! So I've downloaded the PDF conversion tool for Office and it works great! But now my concern is that I have the wrong dimensions for the book if I upload the PDF. I have yet to finish the book but can upload the first 21 pages or so of the PDF — I want to get it right as I have a lot more to go of the book!

Can you advise if I have to resize the Powerpoint layout to be the size to upload and then PDF?

The page size according to Adobe Acrobat Reader is 38.27 in x 30.71 in.

One more question around the upload process. I currently have 21 pages (including the cover) which is really only day 1 of the our 20 day holiday... is the PDF upload and Bookmaker clever enough to append further PDF files (of x pages) to the book? Or do I need to do either 1 page at a time or all pages together to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Yvonne
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page