connie
Profile Picture

Re:

Posted:29 Nov 2007 (21:17 UTC)
Stan, your PDF upload doesn't count against your gallery space. Jpeg files do. Though I think for your project you will be happier with .jpgs so you don't have the transparency show up in the print.
Stan

Re:

Posted:28 Nov 2007 (15:03 UTC)
Thank you for your reply.
I created the Rome book in Photoshop and uploaded JPEG pages separately. I did not have any problems with the book.
For the second one (Pilot) I used InDesign as it makes it easier to work with pages. I used object styles to drop shadows. I know transparency is the source for the issue.
Yes, I can export pages as JPEGs, but I'm afraid this way I would not have enough room in my gallery. My book has about 180 pages. Can I upload separate JPEG pages without using gallery?

Thank you again,

Stan
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re:

Posted:27 Nov 2007 (21:50 UTC)
Stan, so sorry for the delay in responding.

Did you use styles with the Rome book? Did you upload a PDF for both books?

I would recommend you make sure the PDF is flattened or better yet upload the pages as .jpg files. You probably could export from InDesign to .jpg.
Stan
Posted:23 Nov 2007 (00:07 UTC)
Hello,
I received today my order (#57014). Thank you very much for speedy delivery and very good quality. Everything is almost perfect!
I have a little question though. I used PDF exported from InDesign CS2. Some images have object styles applied like shadows. It seems that in PDF the images with styles have rectangular darker backgrounds around like the text on the image: http://www.prestophoto.com/storage/users/561/14561/images/658347/File0001.jpg.
The background does not show in InDesign, nor in Acrobat Viewer. Exported JPEGs also do not show it.
The order was trial, now I'd like to place a bigger one and I'd like to fix this single issue I see in the trial. I beleive I exactly follow your PDF recommendations including Acrobat 5 compatibility.
Could you help please? If not I will have to remove all the styles.

Thank you,
Stan
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page