Spine Text

Comment on Help
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Re: Spine Text

Posted:08 Feb 2013 (14:47 UTC)
Suzanne,

Greetings from PrestoPhoto!

You have the option to use the spine text tool available at Step 2 to perfectly place the spine text without it bleeding onto either the front or back cover!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCzvd1emPB8&list=UUgWmJwU2t0SRxjGkHaEVzGA&index=10

This option does not allow you the center the spine length-wise. Currently it is not scheduled in Engineering to add this functionality to the spine text tool.

best,
PrestoPhoto support
support@prestophoto.com
Suzanne

Posted:08 Feb 2013 (03:30 UTC)
I wouldn't want the spine text to wrap onto either the front or back cover. Instead, I'd like it to be printed sideways (centered onto the length of the spine) from top to bottom. That's how my other published photo books have the text, and I like it that way. Do you think PrestoPhoto will ever add this option in the future?

Thanks,
Suzanne
PrestoPhoto Support
Profile Picture

Posted:07 Feb 2013 (19:35 UTC)
Hello, Suzanne!

Unfortunately, there is no way to center the spine. The spine text is also automatically sized so that it does not bleed onto the front and back cover, which is why it dies not appear to change when you change the size.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

PrestoPhoto Support
Suzanne

Spine Text

Posted:07 Feb 2013 (00:08 UTC)
It appears, much to my disappointment, that the spine text can't be centered on the spine. Appears as though it can only be on the upper and/or lower portion of the spine. I prefer mine in the center. Is there any workaround to have the spine in the center?

Also, what font size do you recommend for a 100-page hardcover photo album? I used 36 Tahoma, then tried 45, both of which barely show up in the preview panel. A moot point if the text can't be on the center of the spine, though. In that case, I need to look for a different photo book publisher.

Thanks,
Suzanne
  Page 1 of 1  
Go to page